Hi and thanks for stopping by – This is Week #2 of the Feature Friday Block Party Blog Hop, which is being co-hosted by the lovely and talented author MJ Schiller! Please Twitter #FF me with @MargoHoornstra. I’ll be sharing Lemon Whip Dessert and just a little bit about my book NIGHT STARS AND MOURNING DOVES!
- 60 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed crackers, confectioners sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan; reserve 1/3 cup for sprinkling on top.
- Blend together the lemonade, sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping. Pour over crust and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. If desired, garnish with thinly sliced lemons.
Elyse Monroe may be her sister’s maid of honor, but that doesn’t mean she has to follow the bride’s example and fall in love. Battle-scarred and weary from previous relationships, she has no desire to take a chance on another–no matter how many hints her little sister drops about the best man.
Devastating life events have taken a toll on Eric Matthews. After losing his wife and unborn daughter, he’s come home to heal. Serving as best man at his kid brother’s wedding is the only relationship he cares to contemplate–no matter how attractive the maid of honor.
Thrown together again and again by wedding duties, Elyse and Eric reluctantly agree to explore a possible relationship–only to have their casual date turn into a glorious night of passion. Can two hearts, convinced a happily ever after will never happen, recognize love when it finds them?
Praise for Night Stars and Mourning Doves
5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and Sensitive, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Night Stars and Mourning Doves (Dearly Beloved) (Kindle Edition)
These characters will wrap themselves around your heart and hold on. Beaten down by life, you’ll be rooting for Elyse and Eric to find their HEA. But the author keeps you wondering if they’ll have it right up to the very end. A beautiful story.
Let’s see what everyone else brought to the Party!